Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Let's do cannons #1

I figured I might as well get all of my cannons out of they way. Most are little, and could even be considered toys. However, I collect cannons using specific criteria:

First, they must all use black powder. I am not interested in carbide cannons or non-functional pieces.

Second, I don't care if they are little, but they must be able to fire a powder charge (at a minimum) or a genuine projectile - even if it's a small one.

I've included a standard U.S. penny in each cannon photo for scale. You've already seen this and this, so consider these part of the collection.


This dude is a .22 caliber bronze black powder cannon of a naval gun design. If you ever want to fire broadsides from your Sunfish, this piece is for you. You might even disable an Optimist, if you play the wind right and drill your gunners until they hate you.

Of course, on a Sunfish, you probably are the gunner, so keep shooting this little peanut until you hate yourself...

No comments: