Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Buck stops here


Here's a generic, off the shelf, non-even-old Buck Bowie knife and sheath. I include it here, as with several other items, only because it originally belonged to my grandfather. He liked this knife, although is favorite was an old, overly-sharpened, worn out old Navy K-Bar with homemade sheath that had the initial of his family name ("H") and an anchor embossed on it.

I'm not sure where that knife ended up since my grandfather's death and the subsequent family turmoil. I have this one, among many other mementos of his, including his dog tags and other things I've blogged about. I also have lots of memories of him - all good; so I submit that whoever has that K-Bar now, I hope you know and respect what it is you have and don't cheapen it with whatever it is that you think you know. I also hope you don't fall on it by accident (end of rant).

No comments: