Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Light's out, you maggots!

There was a time not long ago when you weren't an American unless you made otherwise useless items into lamps. I hear this tradition is still popular in parts of the South. Anyway, here it is, in all of its glory - the Trench Art lamp:

It's probably of WW2 or Korean War vintage - it's made from an old style mess kit (all metal) including the knife, fork, and spoon, old-style canteen (I think they went plastic by Vietnam), and an old style helmet liner. The power cord is delightfully non-modern and probably hazardous.

I put a black light bulb in there for those times when I need to add that certain ambiance to Flintlock's Arsenal.

Speaking of which, one of these posts I'm going to post a panoramic video of Flintlock's Arsenal, so you can see all of my goodies in situ.

No comments: