Saturday, January 31, 2009

Little big man


North American Arms Mini-revolver in .22 magnum. The whole thing is less than 5 inches long. Concealable, handy, and convenient, with just enough punch to do the job in an emergency. I don't have a CCP, but there are times and places where a little friend in some backpack or pocket is worth the risk. As the man once said, "It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

I do a lot of hiking, kayaking, beachcombing, etc. all by myself - sometimes, one feels the need to have some 'defense in depth' in teh more desolate areas of our environs. This is also my "hotel gun" when I'm on the road. I never travel with a loaded cylinder, or even with the cylinder and the frame togehter in the same bag. Once I'm checked in, however, all bets are off...

No comments: